Sunday 12 February 2012

Sunday Morning

It's Sunday morning. I can't lie - I've woken up feeling slightly defeated. It's an unusual consequence of my not unusual struggle to get out of bed. This is a day off - one I've been awaiting for 6 days, and yet I don't feel joyful. I can tell myself to 'man up', or read the old school 'Hey Ho Let's Go' mantra up on my bedroom wall, but its no good, unless I remember my identity in Christ. Sometimes it's a case of clinging on to this identity despite tiredness, apathy and overwhelming reluctance to get out of bed. Jesus is Lord over all, and therefore has the right to authority over area in my life. The fact is, that nothing else should matter.

Yesterday I was reading the end of Luke chapter 7 with a friend. There's this woman who disregards every social norm of the time in order to show love, thankfulness and gratitude towards Jesus, in light of the mercy and grace he has shown towards her. She cared more about responding to Jesus than she cared about how others viewed her - what a picture, and what a challenge! It reminds me of this verse I heard at church last week.

'I consider my life worth nothing to me. My only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace' - Acts 20.24

Boom. Time to get out of bed.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments: